- There are many reasons why you may need a Party Wall Surveyor with regards to a party wall, these could include any of the following:
- Taking out chimney breasts on the Party Wall.
- Putting in a loft conversion.
- Extending your property.
- Carrying out works to a Party Wall
- Carrying out excavations within 3 to 6 metres of an adjoining property
- Building on the boundary line
- Repairs to Party Fence Walls
- Boundary Wall Disputes
If you’re thinking of any of the above, then you will need to ensure any work you do adheres to The Party Wall Act etc 1996.
Click to see the What-Do-I-Do-FLOWCHART
An excellent Guide to the Party Wall Act is available from the FPWS and can be Downloaded here
Types of party walls
- A wall shared on the lands of 2 or more adjoining owners
- A wall, which is a part of one building or separate buildings
- A wall shared on the lands of two owners
- A shared garden wall
- A wall that stands on a single owner’s land but is used by 2 owners
- A wall that is a floor partition separating 2 buildings
Locate a Party Wall Surveyor to assist you Here